Developement

I believe the most growth in a person comes from mistakes and being uncomfortable. These past few weeks have been nothing short of a myriad of experiences and blessings, but with those blessings came lessons. When I first got into the airport may 24th, seeing everyone in their friend groups, it finally hit me that I would be in another country without any friends or idea of how friendly the people were.
          As I reflect on these past few weeks, coming here alone broke me out of my comfort zone. Above all I didn't know how I would adjust to a different lifestyle, but everyday I witnessed differences in others that made the trip special. I have met people and made memories that will last me my lifetime that I can share with others and I appreciate that the most.
           A life lesson I learned simply could be my  thought process on what a good friend is supposed to be. A good friend, is one that challenges your beliefs and ideas to make you think more and want to learn more. Someone who inspires you to try harder and make you want to perfect your craft or simply become a better person. You and that friend may have differences in which your interest just aren't the same, but as long as you share a common desire in wanting to see each other succeed, that is all you need to build a great friendship! I used to believe that people who shared the same thought process as you were your best friends, but really that's just a safe zone of similarities and that doesn't solidify a relationship. As far as personal development goes, I will start appreciating things more. I was one of those people that would receive an opportunity, one like this chance to go to Spain, then already have a strategy organized for something else to come before I enjoyed what was in front of me. I now know that I must stop and smell the flowers while they're bloomed instead of chasing "more."

Comments

Popular Posts