Culture Shock

I feel at home every time my host mom shouts "Andressss comiddaaa". Its one of my favorite phrases I hear because usually by the time I hear it I am starving. So with that, I guess my culture shock would be the food and the set times we eat everyday, and how structured the days are. At home I'm use to eating whenever there's something in front of me, I would literally just eat when I was bored. But not here in Spain, There aren't any snacks to munch on besides fruit and even that doesn't do me justice sometimes. The food is very different; some meals I enjoy and others I wouldn't want to eat again, but that's all apart of the experience. I have also planned to start eating in between lunch, which is at 230 on the dot and dinner, which is at 930. Yes of course, it seems completely normal to just hop in your car and drive to get food right? Wrong again Andre Walker! Not here in Spain, walking and motorcycles are life here. In America I would walk at most 1.5 miles a day, to and from wherever I parked my vehicle. Probably was one of the laziest human beings on planet earth a couple weeks ago. But now I enjoy all the walking, I feel like it's beneficial and it will be something that I will bring back to the states with me. I’m on average walking a minimum of 10 miles everyday, and the days I decide to get fancy and explore it’s an easy 15. Health is a priority here and it’s contagious, I hope I can influence people back in the states. And with that being said Adios until next time; I have to go walk to the store for some Pringles. ( ironically my domain name is Dre Walks in Spain, some would call that seeing the future.)


Comments

  1. Great blog Bromigo! We live in the same house so I totally feel you on everything you said. While the meals are very far apart, that is just part of the culture. I might sneak into your room and steal some Pringles, just a heads up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts